Travelling can be a dangerous and scary thing without a guide. In the spiritual world, it’s impossible to get through life without One to lead you to your Heavenly Home. My Guide is the only One who can lead anyone home so if you don’t know Him already, I would like to introduce you to Him.
- First of all, my Guide’s name is Jesus — and He is much more than just a guide. He is also my Prophet, my Priest, my King, my Husband, my Best Friend, my Savior, my Shepherd, my Help and Deliverer, my Castle and High tower and He is my All in All.
- He is the Son and Image of the Invisible God and by Him all things were created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16-17 including mankind who was created in the image of God to reflect His glory.
- However, through Adam–the first man–mankind chose to disobey and turn from their guide and by doing so brought sin’s curse upon the earth and eternally separated him from the One who created him. Genesis 3, Romans 5:12-13
- Because of sin’s curse, and my sin, I am born separated from God and deserving of His everlasting punishment. Romans 2:12, Romans 3:10-12, Romans 6:23
- And here’s where the amazing work of my Guide comes in: Jesus Christ, came to earth, lived a perfect life, died on the cross to pay the penalty for sin, and rose again on the third day defeating sin and death. Romans 5:6-10, I Corinthians 15:3-4
- By turning to Christ from our sin and trusting in His work on the cross alone to save us from our sin, God imparts Christ’s righteousness on our behalf and we are freely given eternal life with Him. By His grace, He gives us the power to enjoy fellowship with Him and live a life that is pleasing to Him. Romans 5:1-2, Romans 3:23-24, John 3:16-17
So now tell me…are you following the same Guide? If so, I praise the Lord we are in this journey together! If not, I encourage you to take some time to seek Him and search for Him—and He will draw near to you.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:7-8)
If you have any more questions about this Great Guide, please feel free to contact me.
And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.